Saturday, December 28, 2013

No matter what …. I always had dishes to be done

During the highest moments in my life, and the lowest, it seems I always had dishes and, let me add, laundry to do.  No matter if I’d just given birth or thought the world was going to end, all I had to do was look over my shoulder to remember, that the dishes needed doing.  Oh Yea!  In my finer moments of domestic bliss I’d get them done in the most efficient way possible, then off to the next task (most likely laundry) then before I knew it, there was a pile of dishes to do again.


Not even a chickless nest helps.  Plenty of bowls, mugs and stemmed glasses seem to pop up overnight.  Not enough to load a dishwasher mind you but enough to take a good 15 to 20 minutes out of your day.  Problem is I can’t seem to do anything else until they are done.  Even though I know they are never going to be done and if I keep doing the dishes what am I doing really?  The damn dishes.

No comments: