Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hannah's Graduation Gift Card




Thirty years after her Aunt, my niece Hannah graduates from my high school. My class was the first graduating class and we had picked the school colors, mascot, etc. when we were in 9th grade. So it was a joy working with those colors, to create her graduation card. It turned out simple but pretty utilizing the metal numbers and gigaNtic riCrAc. Of course I had to add some dots. The star (our mascot) was originally yellow but with some embossing powder and heat, it was quickly rectified. I really enjoy using the announcement for inspiration. I roughed up the edge of the white Bazzill to expose the blue leatherette paper underneath. I also love it when a card "feels" good. The and mixing the fonts really bought the metal letters to life

Hannah is such a beautiful girl, I can't wait to see where life takes her.

'11 Rules

No comments: