Sunday, December 15, 2013

Birthday Crepes


On our birthdays my Mom would always make us what she called German Pancakes.  In actuality they were French Crepes.  My two brothers and I would sit around the stove as she cooked each crepe, spread it with butter, sprinkled it with sugar, rolled it and cut it into thirds, one for each of us.  Occasionally, when feeling nostalgic I grab the 'ol Betty Crocker cook book, my favorite crepe recipe, and make up a batch.  Of course you can fill them with sweet or savory fillings such as blueberries and yogurt or Creamed Tuna with cheese but I still love them simply, with butter and sugar.

When I visited Paris, of course, I simply had to try them and I must admit.  Mom's are just as good.  I cook any left over batter, the crepes store quite well in a baggie for a couple weeks.

No comments: